Most people create a LinkedIn profile without knowing what to do with it or how to use it effectively. Many professionals and business owners haven’t even bothered to make use of it, often leaving their profile sad and neglected. Imagine all of those lonely LinkedIn accounts, knowing their burning potential, but unable to reach it!
According to reports, this potential is more than you may realise:
- 90% of top-performing salespeople utilise social media as part of their sales strategies
- Over 80% of all B2B leads generated by social media are LinkedIn born
LinkedIn – the potential is endless
LinkedIn hosts an unbelievable community of over 575 million professionals worldwide. Now that’s potential! And with the scope of filters and targeting parameters available for fine-tuning campaigns, you have the ability to create highly targeted content and reach a very specific, targeted audience.
It’s essential that you create a compelling profile and get activated. Utilise its potential to generate more leads and possibilities for your company.
Our number one tip for building a successful LinkedIn marketing strategy has a very humanistic edge. It may sound like a no brainer – but building genuine relationships is KEY. We’re human beings, establishing authentic relationships through meaningful connections is how we work best.
It’s all about trust
People buy from or deal with people they like and have confidence in, which is why building lasting relationships based on genuine interest and trust is crucial. There are numerous ways to start building connections on LinkedIn:
- Always connect and engage with people who comment, share or like your content. Genuine appreciation is an open-armed, double-handed wave HELLO! Reciprocate duly. It’s a missed opportunity if you don’t
- Don’t forget to connect with people you meet offline in the real world. Send them a personalised connection request and keep your conversation going
- Expand your horizons! Most people only join groups linked to their industries. However, those groups are also full of competitors. Join groups that your ideal clients belong to – this is where real network expanding opportunities lie
- Do your research – gaining a thorough understanding of your prospects and what’s important to them is crucial to building a fortuitous and fruitful relationship
- Pay attention to the content people are sharing and when the time is right, engage
- Be a generous connector and make some valuable introductions for your contacts and connections. Aiding others to find new relationships builds faith and trust. In time, should the opportunity arise, they may return the favour
In a nutshell
There are countless ways to refine your LinkedIn strategy. Providing valuable content is crucial, as is consistently sharing content. These elements work wonders for establishing your niche. This notable subject authority significantly builds up the knowing, liking and trust amongst prospects and connections. However, be careful not to get solely caught up in the technicalities – each component of your strategy is equally important, but always strive for authenticity.