Summer is a season full of smiles and sunshine, it’s no wonder that it’s many peoples’ favourite time of year.
This makes summer a very positive theme to get on board with! So, here are some ways you can incorporate it into your marketing messages, and use it to your advantage.
- Have a summer saleEverybody loves a summer bargain. When it’s holiday season, people spend more money on fun and spend less on their business, so why not offer them some incentive with a unique summer discount.
- Run a summer-themed campaignA great way to make your next campaign stand out is to make it summer-themed. During summer there are a lot of fun ‘days’ in the calendar such as: National Strawberry Sundae Day, National Hammock Day and National Just Because Day. Use these ideas to feed your creativity!
- Offer a new summer service/incentiveShow that your company relates to what people need at this time of year from their summer activities. Why not offer a cold smoothie with every meeting instead of a regular coffee? If your office has air con, shout about it! Show your summer benefits and get people onboard.
- Show your summer-themed local generositySummer is a great time to give back locally. Look for local non-profits, charities, and other local groups and why not donate a percentage of your profits that helps others who may suffer in the sunshine, such as local homeless shelters? Showing that you care will help your customers to care about you too.
- Put on a summer eventEverybody loves a summer BBQ, garden party or craft fair. With kids off school it will be a welcome invitation, giving parents somewhere to take their children and keep them entertained. Put your brand or business out there by hosting your very own summer event this year.
- Give away a summer giveawaySummer-themed gift cards or gift baskets can gain a lot of traction over social media. Simply encourage people to share the giveaway post and then choose a winner at random. It’s a great way to get your name out there and catch the attention of new customers.
- Give your visuals a fresh summer themeShow that your finger’s on the pulse by posting more summer-themed social media posts, full of relevant imagery. Intriguing and eye-catching images, gifs, or videos stand out much more than simple written posts.
- Start a summer photo-contestChances are that your customers are travelling and exploring much more during the summer. Why not host a summer photo-contest to keep customers in contact with you and tagging your company on Twitter and Instagram?
If you would like some expert marketing assistance in bringing together your next summer campaign or bringing your social media posts to life, get in touch with the Fill the Gap team on 01522 581 911 and we’ll be happy to assist you.