Earlier this year, Wyzowl and HubSpot released their State of Video Marketing Report for 2018 which unearthed some incredible stats around the impact of videos:
Video helps marketers:
- 81% of marketers who used video as a part of their marketing strategy saw business grow 20% in a single year.
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% of marketers say video has helped them increase sales.
- 76% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
Video is preferred by the audience:
- 72% of people would rather watch a video to learn about a brand or product than read about it.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from brands in 2018.
It seems, now more than ever, that videos are helping to capture and hold the attention of an audience which, is great for your business.
How to incorporate videos effectively into your strategy:
It’s all well and good convincing you to include videos in your marketing strategy, but how can you help ensure your videos are seen? How can they be used to effectively grow your audience and generate brand awareness?
Social Media – Without a doubt, social media is one of the easiest ways for an audience to share and engage with videos, so by posting videos to your social media you are more likely to have this content shared.
Newsletters – Adding a video to your newsletter is a good way to share your video directly to an audience without waiting for them to find it on their own. A themed video could reinforce your topic and help elevate you above your competition.
Blog – Adding video content to your blog can give your readers a more engaging post, switching up their usual method of receiving information. Adding regular content to your site is also great for improving your SEO.
Website – Adding a welcome video to your website can help your audience get to know you better. With a video, you can really provide new and potential customers a unique look into your business and show them what sets you apart.
It’s important to note that it is very unlikely that your very first video will go viral, expectations should be realistic and a good strategy should be carefully planned. With time, patience and consistency you can earn valuable results. To do this, focus on what you want to achieve with each video and set realistic SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely) goals. This will help you monitor the success of your videos.
If you’d like to incorporate video into your marketing strategy, we can help. Call the Fill the Gap Marketing team on 01522 581 911 and we’ll be happy to advise you.