Credibility is something that takes a lot of time and patience to build, however it’s never too early to start building it.
- Keep your word, be transparent – “under-promise, over-deliver” that is the mantra of a credible company. If you are renowned for keeping your word, saying what you mean, being honest and going the extra mile, then that is one of the fastest ways to make strong business connections. The world needs more of this!
- Listen as much as you speak – take note of everything; of even the smallest details that people need. If you notice the small things that other businesses may have missed, that will place you in good stead for being high on their recommendations list. Many companies spend meetings bragging about their accomplishments and, although important, listening to their needs and delivering them is most important.
- Take the time to build trust – building trust and credibility isn’t done overnight. You have to have the patience to keep adding to it every step of the way. Be professional, keep your emotions in check and always keep your lines of communication open, whether you have good news or bad news to share. Be consistent.
- Show your expertise – shout about your experience and always keep records that you can refer to at a later date. Blog posts are a very useful way of sharing and showing your knowledge around a particular subject, always share your strong points and positive recommendations for the world to see.
- Ask for business references – when it comes to credibility, people prefer to listen to the words of others than of your own. Ask businesses you’ve worked with to write you a recommendation or reference, then add it to your website, share it on social media or ask them to post it directly onto LinkedIn.
When it comes to choosing a company to work with, credibility is just as important as skill these days. Be remembered for the right reasons, and talk to us for more tips about how to improve your credibility – 01522 837232.