Events are a complex thing to manage. Venues, guests, catering, transport, equipment, screens, speakers; there’s so much to organise. And behind great organisation, comes a whole lot of planning.
You want to make your event memorable for all of the right reasons, and so the best advice we can give you is to start your planning weeks before the event itself. Weeks and weeks.
Every event requires a strong strategy, preparation and clear management. After all of this planning comes the need for booking venues and companies, and then marketing and the promotion of your event needs to be planned, too.
It’s no use if you have a fantastic event coming up that nobody knows about.
Here are some steps that you can follow, to make sure your event goes as smoothly as possible:
- Summarize your idea and set your budget
- Find and book your location
- Work out timings and schedule
- Create and send invites
- Liaise with and book suppliers (eg. Catering)
- Put together a final schedule
- Market your event and collect RSVPs
- Promote the event online, create a buzz
- Plan your set-up within the venue
- Picture a practice run of the schedule within the venue
- Have an ‘errand’ team in place for last minute additions
- Enjoy your event and capture the best moments
- Post-event – share key moments on social media
- Gather feedback from attendees for future event planning
Fill the Gap Marketing can handle every aspect of your event management, and will build you a bespoke occasion that matches the tone of your business, helping you to show the world the amazing things you have to offer.
We have helped with the marketing and running of a number of events across the region, including:
- Business awards
- Corporate events
- Charity events
- Speaker events
- Networking events
For any further information or advice, simply get in touch with our team on 01522 837 232.