. . is great customer service.
You already know that it costs a lot more to seek out and recruit a new customer than it does to look after your existing ones. But what are you doing about it? Here are some ideas:-
- Do a customer survey – ask them what they think. Are they happy? How could you improve?
- Measure, record and report on customer satisfaction.
- Ensure you are offering your existing clients your best deals.
- Mystery shopper – pretend to be a customer and see how great the experience of doing business with you is.
- Give all your staff responsibility for customer service.
- Ensure every contact point between you and your customers is a positive experience for your customer
- What could you do that goes the extra mile?
- Always ask ‘Is there anything else we can do to help?’ or ‘Do you require anything else today?’ – Good customer service and an opportunity to up-sell (This is why Mcdonalds always ask ‘Do you want fries with that?’
- Streamline your customer process – make it as easy as possible for them to buy from you.
- Referrals – encourage your customers to spread the word about how great your business is. Give them some kind of reward in return for generating business for you.
- Ensure your customers know how much you value them. Say thank you. Treat them with respect and they will keep coming back.
Wishing you every success.